The Civic Society for the Historic town of Warwick England
"Making our town a better place in which to live and work"
from the Banbury Road Bridge
The Warwick Society was formed in 1950 by a small number
of Warwick citizens who were dismayed by the policies of the then Warwick
Town Council which were allowing many old and historic buildings in the
town to be pulled down. Now over 53 years old the Society has fought many
successful campaigns against poor developements proposed for the town.
The Society was formed into a Trust on the 4th of November 1960.
The Trust is a Company Limited by Guarantee, and not having a share capital.
The purpose is to enable the Society to own and manage property, to raise
and accumulate funds, and to receive legacies and donations for the objects
of the Society.
(We have over 400 members strong and all are
welcome to Join us)